Sunday, May 31, 2015

The Things You Said

you said I was your shooting star,
and said I was the most beautiful thing you had ever seen.

you said that I’d go far,
and would continue to be the brightest star to ever gleam.

you said I made you smile,
and could improve your mood in no time.

for you I would run miles,
because I was truly honored to call you mine.

your touch captivated me,
and I would get lost in your eyes.

I want you to be free,
but you have to understand it’s just so hard to say goodbye.

I miss our late night talks,
and the way you made me feel.

I miss our hand holding walks,
and how it was all so real.

but I know you’re in a better place,
and that your soul is finally at peace.

for there’s nothing greater than God’s grace, 
from the pain and suffering you have been released. 

you know I’ll always miss you, you know I’ll always care,
and there is one thing that from this day forward I vow,
to cherish our love like war I swear,
and to love for the both of us now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment