Sunday, May 31, 2015

Long Gone

i tear myself apart in hopes to feel
in hopes to rid this pain
but when the harshness of life becomes too real
i never truly have anything to gain.

this hurt within me won’t go away 
it drags me down and beats me up
sometimes i think it’s here to stay  
sometimes i think i’m without any luck.

and when life is too much for me to take
i look through that drawer for my old friend 
when i grow tired of all this pain and ache
i slice myself open and say this is the end.

i haven’t give up yet no not quite 
i still hold onto things in my life
i still hold onto that bit of fight
even if my wrist just kissed a knife.

i wonder what people think
when they find out what i do when i’m alone
do they judge me before they can even blink
or do they wonder what other secrets i haven’t shown.

they look at me and shake their head
while whispering to their friends 
they probably just wish i was dead 
that would be how my story would end.

a broken girl with scarred up arms 
and a voice that cracks 
a hurting girl who set off no alarms 
one who had a mind that couldn’t relax.

i lay in bed contemplating the things i’ve done 
wondering what is best for the long run
my fingers trace the fading scars 
as my eyes gaze upon the shining stars. 



No comments:

Post a Comment